We strive to provide you with a dynamic, interactive experience on all our Platforms. It is our aim to keep you informed and entertained by presenting you with the latest and most relevant news and content. One of the ways we do this is by analysing information we collect and receive from you to determine what you may be interested in. This assists us to develop more engaging content and provide advertising and marketing platforms more suited to you and advertisers thereby enabling us to provide you with the best possible service at our disposal.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
1.INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
This includes any information that you provide to us directly, whether through our Platforms or any other means. This may include information you give to us:
- by filling in forms on our Platforms – for example, when you sign up for an account or when you subscribe to or register to use services on our Platforms;
- when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
- by posting reviews and comments or content on our Platforms;
- when you interact with any of our advertisers;
- when you engage with us and provide information directly to us.
2.INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE WHEN YOU USE OUR PLATFORMS OR SERVICES
We collect information when you use our Platforms or services by using cookies, beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- User information (for example, information about your interactions with our Platforms and services you use, the content you view and the search queries you submit);
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with our products and services;
3.INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Platforms.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes
- a) To provide you with information, products or services based on your interaction using our platforms.
- b) To communicate with you. We will notify you about changes to our Platforms or provide you with information about competitions, products or services that we feel maybe of interest to you.
- c) To be effective and relevant in the services we provide to you. We want to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented in the most effective manner to you. We also want to provide you with content that you are likely to find relevant and engaging.
4.To provide effective advertising.
Many of our Platforms are supported by advertising. We want to enhance our users’ experience by serving ads that may be useful to them. Some of the ways we do this are by:
- showing you ads based on your online activities, such as the websites and apps you use or the content you viewed, as well as data we have collected about you, data that you have provided to us, or possibly data that we have received from third-party sources;
- Ensuring that you maximise your experience whilst using our services; and
- Ensuring that the content is selectively chosen by yourself based on your preference.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We may share information with:
- Our affiliates –in other words, other companies in the Ikamva group. Ikamva consists of several different platforms, that all share a common user base. By sharing this information amongst business units, we may learn more about our customers, allowing us to create a more relevant and engaging customer experience.
- Business partners –we may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners. This means that we do not disclose personal information about our users to our business partners, but we may provide them with analytical information (eg, we may inform them that 200 men aged under 25 have shown interest in their services etc). We may also use analytical information to help our business partners reach their target audience.
- Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our Platforms. We may disclose your information if legally required or to protect our Platforms in any way or form.
- Other parties about certain business transactions. In the event that we sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive during providing services to us or you.
- Third parties where you provide consent. In some cases, third parties (often advertisers) may wish to attain information about you to promote their products, or for whatever other reason. We may share information with third parties where you provide consent in the form of explicit opt-in. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) an entry into a competition sponsored by a third party where the provision of your information is a condition for entry to the competition, or where you express your interest in a product or service for which you would like more information. We will also ensure that your opt-in is explicit and that we provide a clear description of what data would be shared with the third party. Remember that once you have opted in to allow us to send your information to the third party, we cannot control what they do with your data; therefore, be sure to investigate their privacy policies before giving us permission to share your information.
- Other parties that provide content, advertising services, or functionality on our Platforms. Some of the content, advertising and functionality on our Platforms may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include:
- advertising providers, which help us and our advertising customers provide ads that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those ads;
- audience measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Platforms and compare that usage to other online services; and
- social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) that enable you to register and log in to certain of our services and to share things you find on our Platforms with your social network. This is only applicable if you choose to connect with a social networking service; we may provide other registration and login methods.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We manage several separate distribution lists across the various Ikamva business units, each having its own theme and purpose. Opting out of one distribution list, does not automatically remove you from all other lists. You cannot opt out of routine service correspondence from us, because then we would not be able to provide services to you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, we do employ several safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up-to-date technology that will assist us to this end.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Platforms contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit that collects personal information.
Ikamva is based in South Africa and, regardless of where you use or access our Platforms, products, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in South Africa. Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Platforms, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in South Africa.